Vase cane bag
Actually Existing is about making objects, by hand, from scratch. Sisters Olivia and Anna Nicholas grew up playing in the factory their parents owned in Melbourne in the eighties, where they used to make belts. Years later, they both ended up working as clothing and footwear designers, and soon enough, both felt the impulse to one day return to a kind of craft that considers skill and technique as broader cultural practices; as techniques for living a certain way of life. The siblings duo works with leather and upcycled materials, including heavy canvas and rubber, and keep their production local in order to support the various suppliers and associated manufacturers in Melbourne’s industry.
- Vintage cane vase shaped basket.
- Inner cloth bag - Up-cycled woven cloth table mat with vegetable tanned leather drawstring.
- Handles in Black hand dyed vegetable tanned leather.
- Branding Leather embossed tab attached with linen thread.
- Approx size: diameter 18cms / Height 4cms / Strap Height (from top of basket) 37cms
- This is a one-off piece made from a discarded, vintage cane basket. We have 'edited' the original with added leather features and inner cloth bag from our studio off-cuts.
- Made in the Actually Existing Atelier, Melbourne, Australia.