Circle belt in nude
Actually Existing is about making objects, by hand, from scratch. Sisters Olivia and Anna Nicholas grew up playing in the factory their parents owned in Melbourne in the eighties, where they used to make belts. Years later, they both ended up working as clothing and footwear designers, and soon enough, both felt the impulse to one day return to a kind of craft that considers skill and technique as broader cultural practices; as techniques for living a certain way of life. The siblings duo works with leather and upcycled materials, including heavy canvas and rubber, and keep their production local in order to support the various suppliers and associated manufacturers in Melbourne’s industry.
- Hand dyed vegetable tan leather, hand cut, stitched and polished.
- Circular hard wood buckle with brass metal stud closure.
- Designed to be worn on the waist.
- Buckle diameter 9.5cm / Belt Width - 4cm. (Sizing is based on the smallest hole, a second hole is provided for a looser fit.)
- Made in Melbourne, Australia