The writer's satchel
Actually Existing is about making objects, by hand, from scratch. Sisters Olivia and Anna Nicholas grew up playing in the factory their parents owned in Melbourne in the eighties, where they used to make belts. Years later, they both ended up working as clothing and footwear designers, and soon enough, both felt the impulse to one day return to a kind of craft that considers skill and technique as broader cultural practices; as techniques for living a certain way of life. The siblings duo works with leather and upcycled materials, including heavy canvas and rubber, and keep their production local in order to support the various suppliers and associated manufacturers in Melbourne’s industry.
- Hand dyed black vegetable tan leather, hand cut, stitched and polished.
- Solid brass, press stud closure.
- Removable shoulder strap with adjustable length and solid brass buckles.
- Feature on the back of the bag so it can be attached to a belt.
- Designed to be worn as a shoulder bag or belt satchel.
- Dimensions:Length 15cms / Width 18cms / Diam 4cms / Strap height 66cms
- Made in the Actually Existing Atelier, Melbourne, Australia.