Black feather Arrow
Fredericks & Mae is the art/design team of Jolie Mae Signorile and Gabriel Fredericks Cohen. The two met through a shared love for materials - Fredericks & Mae started in the piles of feathers, thread, gold and paper that decorated their first studio in 2007. Their collaborative practice has since evolved into a series of objects for the home, garden and sky. Fredericks & Mae is a material anthropology of objects with confused origins. Tools, games and rituals trace arcs though history and across the earth - we follow these arcs: nose to the ground and mouths agape.
- An arrow usually consists of a shaft with an arrowhead attached to the front end, with fletchings at the other
- Thread wrapped and fletched using turkey, peacock, or macaw feathers, our arrows are for decorative or ceremonial use; The history of arrows predate recorded history and are common to most cultures
- One size: 36" x 2" x 2" / Each arrow is unique
- Hand-made in Brooklyn, NY
- Wood, feathers, thread, and gold/silver